This year on Saturday October 17th, eight members of the Calgary Renaissance Singers and Players once again participated in the Run For Music event, a fundraiser organized by the Alberta Choral Federation (ACF). This year our team was called “Byrd’s Flock.”
Thanks to our sponsors, we raised over $1380.00, a portion of which goes into our choir’s own funds, the other portion to the ACF.
- Jeb Gaudet: “A great day for a great cause! I loved the informational tidbits along the way about the benefits of choral singing”
- Ruby, age 10: “Thank goodness for the water stop! It was hard work but it was worth it for the pancakes”
- Lisa Hurrle: “It was a gorgeous day – so great to see everyone enjoying the park and each other”
- Liz: “I participated in this years Run for Music because it was a great opportunity to work with my own choir team mates raising funds for our choir while supporting choral singing in Alberta! This event was a lot of fun and as always North Glenmore Park was spectacular!”
- Marcia: The walk/run (our team walked, at paces ranging from brisk to leisurely) happened in lovely weather, and provided us with a chance to catch up with conversations about life events, politics, plans, exercise, food – and of course music. It was good to have that opportunity for social time while helping the CRSP budget.
- Marlin: “Music and all forms of creative expression are key components to healthy living. Therefore, choosing to support this particular event through active participation was an easy decision. Getting out in the early morning, breathing fresh air and visiting with great people in a scenic environment was simply an added bonus.”