The choir is often in need of new singers, especially tenors and basses. We also aim for a balance in Altos and Sopranos. We welcome both older and younger members.
- Contact our artistic director
- Talk to our director during the reception after a concert
What makes a good choir member?
- Good sight-reading skills, voice, and singing skills
- Enjoyment of the musical and cultural material that we present
- Agreement with the expectations and values expressed in our Mission page
We have weekly Wednesday night practices 7:30-9:30ish at the Unitarian Church of Calgary, as well as occasional additional practices. There is a membership fee and a costume deposit. For more information on membership, contact our business manager.
Some of the many benefits members experience:
- Joy in co-creating beautiful music and the excitement of live performances
- Improvement of one’s musical skills and understanding of renaissance music
- A sense of community and mutual encouragement among choir members
Some members have stayed with us for years or decades, some come back after a few years away, and some join us only for a concert or two.
From our former Artistic Director, Jean-Louis Bleau:
“I am constantly surprised by the various stories that are told by Choir members—stories that reach back into the 40 year history of the group. These often fond and humorous memories bring joy to those who have both experienced them and to those of us who can only imagine what it would have been like to share those experiences.”
– 40th anniversary concert advertisement, 2010, http://calgaryculture.com