Each year, this very unique and moving event takes place at the Union Cemetery and CRSP will be a part of the experience. This is open to everyone and is free of charge.
Inspired by both ancient and contemporary traditions from around the globe, Equinox Vigil is a creative, respectful evening to honour the deceased and celebrate the natural cycle of Life and Death itself.
Inspiring art installations, video projections, and shrines created by professional artists form the heart of the Equinox Vigil experience.
Saturday, September 17th
6:30 – 9:30 PM
Union Cemetery – 28 Avenue & Spiller Road NE, Calgary
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
HEAR YE! HEAR YE!
Some CRSP members will be Wandering Minstrels at Medieval Day in Cochrane on Satuday July 23rd!
From 10 AM – 4 PM, the Cochrane Pulbic Library is putting on this wonderful free festival featuring jousting, knights performing sword practice, food trucks, petting zoo, costume contest, demos, and the Calgary Renaissance Singers & Players performing as wandering minstrels.
Merry times to be had for all!
CRSP is performing once more this Spring!
The ProArts Society hosts free noon hour concerts each Wednesday at the beautiful and acoustically amazing Cathedral Church of the Redeemer. We have the pleasure of performing once more selections from our Spring repertoire which features sublime Italian Renaissance sacred music and hugely entertaining Carnevale music:
Wednesday, May 25th 2016, 12:00 – 1:00 PM
Cathedral Church of the Redeemer – 604 1st Street SE (located on 7th Avenue across from Olympic Plaza, right along the LRT line).
This is one of Calgary’s oldest cathedrals and the acoustics are wonderfully suited to choir music. You can eat your lunch and spend a little time in Renaissance Italy!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS!
Did you miss our latest concert on April 17th? Well – we are are going to put on the same show this upcoming Saturday, May7th!
As part of a special fundraiser to help re-build the Bragg Creek Community Centre (which got water damage and needs major repairs), we will perform the same repertoire.
* Saturday, May 7th
* 2:30 PM – pre-concert talk
* 3:00 to 5:00 PM – concert
* The Redwood House, #1 Manyhorses Drive, Redwood Meadows (very close to Bragg Creek off of Highway 22)
* Pay what you can (recommended $15 regular, $10 seniors/students, under 18 free)
* Tickets available at the Bragg Creek Centre – 403 949 4277 ext 2, firstname.lastname@example.org
Come on out to beautiful Bragg Creek/Redwood Meadows, enjoy being close to the mountains, and see our entertaining concert!
This is going to be a fabulous concert not to be missed! Along with the usual stunning singing, there will also be:
- A Bell solo and other percussion performed by Brent Van Dusen, one of our singers
- Instrumental music with Recorder, Crumhorn and Viola da gamba featuring guest artists John van Leeuwen and Joan Kent
- Mask and costume parade a la Carnevale style narrated by Rachel Ewert
- CRSP dance troupe led by Lauretta Carrick
- Juggling performed by the talented Jeffrey Olynek
- The ever popular informative pre-concert talk
Here is an idea of what you’ll hear:
- Palestrina Sicut Cervus
- Palestrina Stabat Mater Dolorosa
- Victoria O Vos Omnes
- Gjeilo Agnus Dei: Phoenix
- Scheidt Surrexit Christus Hodie
- Lasso Matona Mia Cara
- Banchieri Mascherata d’Amanti
- Donato Chi La Gagliarda
- Lasso Tutto Lo Di
- Banchieri Vinata di Brindesi, e Ragioni
- Banchieri Capriciata a Tre Voci
- Banchieri Contraponto Bestiale Alla Mente
See our Play & Pray concert announcement for more concert details and tickets.
We hope to see you there!